Mr Andrew Cole is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon running a specialised practice in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the shoulder. All of the appropriate skills and facilities are available at his clinic allowing diagnostic arthroscopy, arthroscopic procedures, joint replacement and fracture fixation.
Mr Cole trained in general surgery in Bristol and obtained his FRCS in 1994 in London. He then specialised in orthopaedic surgery on the Oxford regional training programme, obtaining the specialist orthopaedic exam (FRCS Tr and Orth) in 1999 and obtaining his certificate of completion of training in 2001.
During his training he has completed clinical fellowships in shoulder surgery (Oxford) as well as orthopaedic trauma and post trauma reconstruction surgery at Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrew Cole at Nuffield Health
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Shoulder decompression - key hole surgery
Mr Cole has published several papers on disorders of the shoulder and elbow and orthopaedic trauma and has been invited to write book chapters for the forthcoming Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma and the new edition of Medicolegal Reporting in Orthopaedic Trauma.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust