As a neurosurgeon and spinal surgeon, Mr Demetriades works with patients to address spine, brain and peripheral nerve problems.
With a specialist interest in the spine, he received further super-specialised training in both simple and complex spinal procedures as well as minimally invasive spine surgery. His aim is to treat these conditions non-operatively where possible, with the ability to offer surgical intervention if and when indicated.
Another notable area of routine practice is trigeminal neuralgia (facial pain), where he set up and runs a trigeminal neuralgia clinic as part of his NHS practice. Both non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures can provide excellent pain relief, tailored to each individual patient. He also offers diagnosis and treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve compression, and other peripheral nerve disorders.
Graduated from Cambridge. Basic Surgical Training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London. Higher Surgical Training programme on the prestigious South London circuit and trained as a Senior Registrar at King’s College Hospital and St George’s Hospital. Fellowships in skull base surgery in Tokyo; Neurosurgical Spine in Munich; and Orthopaedic Spine in Oxford.
- Back and neck pain
- Facial pain especially trigeminal neuralgia
- Pain management
- Lumbar, cervical and thoracic spine disorders.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andreas K Demetriades at Nuffield Health
- Brain surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- Member of the British Association of Spine Surgeons
- Member of the Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- Member of the Scottish Society of the History of Medicine
Other posts held
- Department of Clinical Neurosciences Royal Infirmary Edinburgh