Mr Amir Qureshi
FRCS (Tr &Orth), MRCS, MB BCh
GMC number: 4435260
Practicing since: 1997
- Thursdays 17:00-20:30
- Alternate Monday mornings 09:00 -12:30
Or call us on
Mr Qureshi is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who has international fellowship training in Lower Limb Arthroplasty and Limb Reconstruction.
He completed his orthopaedic training at the internationally renowned Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry where he was awarded the Lloyd Griffiths Medal. Having qualified as a doctor from UWCM in 1997, and after completing my basic surgical training he worked in orthopaedics at The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham. He was a Research Trauma Fellow at University Hospitals Birmingham with Professor Sir Keith Porter before his Higher Surgical training on the Oswestry-Stoke programme. Amongst the highly experienced surgeons he trained with are Professor Thomas (Limb Reconstruction) and Professor Richardson (Cartilage Regeneration techniques) as well as Mr Dai Rees (sports knee surgery) and Mr Richard Spencer Jones (Revision Hip and Knee surgery).
In order to enhance his expertise in hip, knee and Limb Reconstruction surgery, he undertook 2 international fellowships.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association accredited fellowship in Hip and Knee surgery (during this time he also was an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Adelaide and helped develop the enhanced recovery service).
- Fellowship in Limb Reconstruction at The Russian Ilizarov Scientific Centre for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Kurgan, Russia.
Mr Qureshi is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Southampton. He is the postgraduate education lead for orthopaedics at UHS and gives invited lectures at scientific meetings internationally. He has been the departmental clinical lead for medical students.
His teaching has won him the ‘Wessex Trainer of the Year’ awards in consecutive years, as well as a ‘Hospital Hero’ badge for the University Hospital Southampton. A number of articles have been published in the national press.
He keenly undertakes research and has completed fully funded trials including the use of stem cells (ABICUS trial) and novel electromagnetically driven osteotomy surgery (Ellipse HTO trial) for which he is the principle investigator.
He is a member of Professional bodies including The British Association of the Knee and the British Limb Reconstruction Society and actively gathers Patient Reported Outcome Measures for the procedures he carries out.
Knee and Limb Reconstruction Surgery
In order to enhance his expertise, Mr Qureshi has undertaken 2 international fellowships:
- Australian Orthopaedic Association accredited fellowship in hip and knee surgery (during this time he was also an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Adelaide and helped develop the enhanced recovery service)
- Fellowship in limb reconstruction at the Russian Ilizarov Scientific Centre for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Kurgan, Russia.
Amir is married with four children. An interest in cooking has been key to his 14 year marriage.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Amir Qureshi at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Ilizarov frame surgery
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Bone Graft
- Cartilage resurfacing
- Joint resurfacing
- Tibial osteotomy
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Patella stabilisation
- Cartilage reconstruction
Locations Mr Amir Qureshi works with
- British Limb Reconstruction Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Hospital Southampton
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Southampton
Mr Amir Qureshi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Amir Qureshi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Amir Qureshi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.