I graduated a a doctor from the University of London (MB BS) in 1994. My specialist training in plastic & reconstructive surgery started in 1998, working in London, Wales & Scotland. I obtained an MSc (Distinction) in Surgical Science from University College London in 2000 and I completed my plastic surgery training with subspecialty microsurgical fellowships at the Royal Marsden Hospital & St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
I have been on the GMC register for plastic surgery since 2006, being awarded the FRCS (Plast) at that time, and have worked as a consultant plastic & reconstructive surgeon at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge since 2007.
Since 2009, I have been the plastic surgery lead fo skin cancer for Cambridgeshire, based at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, and have a specialist research interest in both melanoma & non-melanoma skin cancer, recruiting to regional and international skin cancer trials.
I set up the regional sentinel lymph node biopsy service for malignant melanoma in 2009 at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, and since then have helped to establish the metastatic melanoma multidisciplinary weekly meeting and more recently introduced the technique of electrochemotherapy for management of advanced skin cancer metastases.
My reconstructive surgical practice also encompasses complex reconstruction following cancer resection & major trauma. I regularly undertake combined cases with other surgical specialities at Addenbrooke’s Hospital including cases with the maxillofacial, ENT, skull base, neurosurgery, gynae-oncology, colorectal, urology, breast, orthopaedic and dermatology (Moh’s surgery) teams.
- Cosmetic Breast Surgery and Breast Reconstruction
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and Facial Reconstruction
- Body Contouring and Abdominoplasty
- Management of skin cancer including malignant melanoma
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for malignant melanoma
- Microsurgical reconstruction following cancer and trauma
- Management of malignant melanoma
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Amer Durrani at Nuffield Health
- Body contouring
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reconstruction surgery
- Dermatological surgery
- Eye lift
- Eyelid reshaping surgery
- Facelift surgery
- Facial surgery
- Fat grafting
- Hand surgery
- Head and neck oncology
- Head and neck surgery
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Liposuction treatment
- Mole removal
- Neck lift
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Skin rejuvenation
- Thigh lift
- Trauma reconstruction
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
- Buttock lift
- Skin surgery
I was awarded a Disticntion for my MSc in Surgical Sciences at University College London. Mr Durrani's research involved looking for genetic mutations in scar formation using molecular biological analysis of families prone to abnormal scars.
He is an active participant in ongoing clinical research and audit with publications in peer-reviewed journals.
He is an Approved Educational Supervisor for the Royal College of Surgeons Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Project with responsibility for plastic surgery trainees.
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Melanoma Study Group
- British Burn Association
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Peterborough City Hospital
Insurers Mr Amer Durrani works with
Mr Amer Durrani works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Amer Durrani does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Amer Durrani does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Amer Durrani does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.