Mr Mace trained in the West of Scotland, with super-specialist training in Australia. He was awarded a Doctorate in Medicine in 2008 following a 2 year Gene Therapy Research Fellowship in Head and Neck Cancer. In 2010 he was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine Otology Training Scholarship and became the Otology and Skull Base Surgery Fellow with Prof. Fagan's team at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney.
He sees NHS and private patients with all ENT conditions, but has a special interest in ear and hearing related pathology in children and adults. He is a lead clinician in the York Balance Centre. He also has a medico-legal practice, with a special interest in Noise Induced Hearing Loss.
Mr Mace teaches and trains medical students and junior ENT surgeons, and is a tutor on a number of National ENT courses.
- General problems related to Ear, Nose and Throat
- Ear related disease - infections, hearing loss, tinnitus and balance disorders
- Noise induced hearing loss
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Alastair Mace at Nuffield Health
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Ear drum repair (Myringoplasty)
- Mastoid surgery
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Antral washout
- Grommet insertion
- Middle ear surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Ear Nose & Throat UK
- British Otology Society
- British Rhinology Society
- Scottish Otolaryngology Society
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Other posts held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon - York Teaching Hospital
- Honorary Consultant ENT Surgeon - Harrogate District Hospital
Insurers Mr Alastair Mace works with
Mr Alastair Mace works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
Mr Alastair Mace does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Alastair Mace does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Alastair Mace does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.