Mr Alan Osborne is a specialist surgeon in weight loss, gallstones and keyhole hernia repair. He is currently the lead surgeon for upper-gastrointestinal surgery in North Bristol NHS Trust, and has been an established private surgeon providing outstanding care for years.
Mr Osborne is a University of Bristol tutor and continues to publish original scientific articles in his field. As one of the Consultants overseeing the Elipse weight loss programme at Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital, The Chesterfield, Mr Osborne places the Elipse balloon with no anaesthetic or endoscopy. He also performs robotic surgery, and having delivered over 3000 operations we are delighted to welcome him to Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital.
Mr Osborne invites patients to email him at the address given with any questions they may have about his treatment and appointments.
· Intragastric balloon placement
· Bariatric Surgery including Laparoscopic Gastric Banding, Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy
· Laparoscopic management of gallstone disease including cholecystectomy and bile duct exploration
· Laparoscopic and open hernia repair (groin, abdominal wall, incisional, umbilical)
· Anti-reflux and Hiatus Hernia Surgery
When away from work, Alan spends his time with his family and two energetic children.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Alan Osborne at Nuffield Health
- Weight loss surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon and Lead Clinician, Southmead Hospital, Bristol
Mr Alan Osborne does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Alan Osborne does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Alan Osborne does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.