Mr Ahmed Hamouda has worked as an Upper GI Consultant at Maidstone/Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust since 2010. He has extensive surgical experience consolidated both in the UK and abroad in treating conditions such as obesity, gall stone disease and reflux surgery. As a member of BOMSS and AUGIS, he has published widely in his field and participates in annual conferences. His specialist interest is laparoscopic and minimally invasive Bariatric techniques which include sleeve gastrectomy, gastric band, balloon and gastric bypass. He also believes that the future holds promise for evolving techniques such as endoscopic sleeve due to its minimally invasive nature and avoidance of surgery. He is working to introduce this to Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital. Ahmed is married with two children and enjoys playing squash and traveling.
Please note initial appointments with Mr Hamouda for Bariatric consultations are charged at £100
- Developing enhanced recovery programs post Upper GI Surgery
- Effects of bariatric surgery on the metabolic syndrome.
- Single session management of billary stone disease.
Enjoy playing squash and basketball and travelling the world.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ahmed Hamouda at Nuffield Health
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Gastric balloon (BiB)
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Hernia repair
- Gastric bypass
- Bile duct resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Mr Hamouda has researched and published in his chosen speciality area i.e. on survival of operable esophageal cancer and peri-operative outcomes following minimall invasive surgery.
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Surgeon, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Ahmed Hamouda works with
Mr Ahmed Hamouda works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA Health
- Aviva Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Police Mutual
Mr Ahmed Hamouda does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ahmed Hamouda does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ahmed Hamouda does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.