Mr El-Khayat is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon based at the Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital and Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton.
He studied medicine at the University of Bristol and completed seven years of Ophthalmic surgical training in the East Midlands.
Mr El-Khayat completed two vitreoretinal surgery fellowships in Leicester and the Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, one of the largest eye units in the UK.
Mr El-Khayat specialises in:
- Cataract surgery including complex cases and premium lens implants (to reduce astigmatism and the need for glasses)
- Posterior capsule opacification treatment with YAG laser.
- Medical retinal treatments (laser and eye injections) for age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusion and macular oedema.
- Surgical retina treatments (vitrectomy and laser) for epi-retinal membranes, macular holes, floaters, retinal detachment and diabetic retinopathy.
- General Ophthalmology.
- Cataract surgery
- Intravitreal Injections
- Macular degenration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal vein occlusions
- Retinal laser
- Laser capsulotomy
Mr El-Khayat is an avid football and basketball player.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Abdul El-Khayat at Nuffield Health
- YAG Capsulotomy
- Cataract Surgery
Mr El-Khayat has published research papers on retinal detachment and cataract surgery in reputable journals.
- General Medical Council (on specialist register)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British and Eire Association of Vitreo-Retinal Surgeons (BEAVRS)
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon specialising in Medical and Surgical Retina, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton.
Insurers Mr Abdul El-Khayat works with
Mr Abdul El-Khayat works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
Mr Abdul El-Khayat does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Abdul El-Khayat does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Abdul El-Khayat does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.