Mr Tony Skene BM, FRCSed, MS is a graduate of Southampton University Medical School. He trained in surgery at Westminster Hospitals and had specialised cancer surgery training at the Royal Marsden Hospital.
Mr Skene has been in medical practice since 1981. He was appointed as consultant surgeon at Bournemouth in 1994, where he is the clinical lead of the breast and surgical endocrine units. Mr Skene specialises in all aspects of breast surgery including breast reconstruction and has a sub-specialised practice in thyroid & endocrine and soft tissue tumours.
Mr Skene is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, a member of the Association of Breast Surgeons and of the British Association of Thyroid and Endocrine Surgeons.
Mr Skene and his multidisciplinary team have an active interest and participate in many clinical trials evaluating new therapies.
Mr Skene specialises in:
- Breast cancer surgery
- Additional breast surgical procedures including breast reconstruction and breast reduction
- Endocrine surgery including thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Surgical oncology
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Anthony Skene at Nuffield Health
- Breast reduction
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
Breast Cancer Trials
Other post held
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- British Association of Thyroid & Endocrine Surgeons
- Association of Breast Surgeons
Mr Anthony Skene does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Anthony Skene does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Anthony Skene does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.