Phil Wright is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in surgery of the shoulder and elbow. His areas of interest are arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder surgery, shoulder replacement surgery and the treatment of injuries and fractures of the upper limb trauma.
After graduating from Oxford University Phil completed his specialist orthopaedic training in the West Yorkshire region. Prior to his appointment as a consultant in 2011 he undertook a twelve month upper limb fellowship post at the internationally renowned Wrightington Hospital.
Phil works closely with colleagues in interventional radiology to ensure that a thorough clinical assessment is complemented by accurate diagnostic imaging. He is fortunate to be supported by experienced specialist upper limb physiotherapists who provide tailored rehabilitation programmes to the patients under his care.
Phil enjoys the many and varied challenges that running a specialist shoulder and elbow practice involves. He firmly believes that the key to achieving the best possible outcomes is to ensure the patient is well informed and wholly involved in all treatment decisions.
Mr Wright specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
- Weekly Wednesday PM
- Alternate Friday AM
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Bradford Teaching Hospitals Trust
- Minimally invasive/keyhole surgery of the shoulder and elbow
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Rotator cuff tendon disorders
- Tendinopathy of the shoulder and elbow
- Instability/sports injuries of the shoulder
- Arthritis of the shoulder and elbow
- Fractures of the shoulder and elbow
Shoulder arthroscopy, shoulder replacement and traumatic disorders of the shoulder girdle.
Swimming, homebrewing, cooking and walking
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Trauma Society
- Platelet rich plasma injections for the treatment of tennis elbow
- Disorders of the acromioclavicular joint and reconstruction of acromioclavicular joint injuries
- Rehabilitation following arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
DeclarationMr Phil Wright works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Phil Wright does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Phil Wright does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Phil Wright does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.