- Specialities Breast Surgery, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Aesthetic Breast Surgery, Oncoplastic Surgery, Body Contouring
- Telephone 07500 234076
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email email@example.com
English and French
- GMC Number 4406222
- Website http://www.cotswoldplasticsurgery.co.uk/
- Fax 01865 590576
Miss Petrie is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital, Oxford and was appointed Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Great Western Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in 2013.
She graduated from the University of Bristol, became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and completed her training in all aspects of Plastic Surgery in London, Chelmsford, Salisbury, Stoke Mandeville, Oxford, Boston (USA), Auckland (NZ) and Lyon (France).
She has undertaken specialist Fellowships in breast reconstruction, skin cancer surgery and aesthetic surgery and sits on the multidisciplinary panel for both skin cancer and breast surgery.
Miss Petrie is registered with the GMC and is on the specialist register for plastic and reconstructive surgery. She is a member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and the Melanoma Study Group.
Here is a list of procedures Miss Petrie performs at Nuffield Health Oxford:
- Thursday afternoon by appointment
- Friday morning by appointment
- Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford and Great Western Hospital, Swindon
- Skin lesions – benign and malignant in adults and children
- Female Breast Surgery
- Male Breast Surgery for gynaecomastia
- Breast reconstruction for cancer, congenital or developmental asymmetry
- Body contouring
- Paediatric Plastic Surgery
- Facial rejuvination
Niki Petrie set up the Oxford Breast Reconstruction Awareness Group and this group remains one of Niki’s ongoing interests. Niki’s ethos is aimed at delivering evidence-based care of the very highest quality, which is tailored to meet her patients’ individual needs, whatever their age, sex and cultural beliefs. She has received commendations for her treatment of children and for her compassionate care. She believes in guiding patients through their journey using a thorough, caring, unintimidating and professional approach.
She is an examiner for The University of Oxford Medical School, is an Educational Supervisor and Trainer and is interested in establishing Patient Reported Outcome Measures.
Family, Running, Sailing, Skiing, Theatre and Photography.
- British Fulbright Scholars Association
- Melanoma Study Group
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
As a Fulbright Scholar, Miss Petrie undertook two years of full time research at Harvard University studying the role of gene therapy in wound healing, investigating genetic factors which accelerate healing and minimise scarring. She received the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Scholarship for her work, which led to the award of Doctorate of Medicine. She has lectured, published and presented in her specialist areas at both national and international level and received awards for her presentations, research, teaching and clinical work.
DeclarationMiss Nicola C Petrie works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Miss Nicola C Petrie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Nicola C Petrie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Nicola C Petrie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.