Miss Spanu qualified as a General Surgeon in Barcelona, Spain, in 2006, having done her residency at Barcelona Clinic Hospital, with solid training in General and Emergency Surgery, Laparoscopic gastrointestinal (upper and colorectal) surgery, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery.
Miss Spanu’s speciality training and skills have also been expanded by several fellowships in the UK, in prestigious hospitals in London, where she has improved her skills in:
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery and Liver Transplant – Royal Free Hospital – 2011 – 2012
Trauma and Emergency Surgery – Kings College Hospital, London – 2013 – 2014.
She worked as a Consultant General and Upper GI Laparoscopic Surgeon in Spain from 2006 till 2013.
Miss Spanu currently works as a Consultant Surgeon at North Middlesex University Hospital.
- Gallbladder surgery laparoscopic elective and emergency (Hot Gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Inguinal hernia surgery- laparoscopic and open
- Incisional hernia – laparoscopic and open surgery
- Umbilical hernia repair - laparoscopic and open
- Abdominal wall reconstruction- laparoscopic and open.
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic management of small bowel obstruction.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy for abdominal pain/adhesiolysis
- Day surgery for Skin lesions, lumps and bumps
- Anal fissure/ haemorrhoid banding and excision/excision of anal skin tags
Miss Spanu has extensive experience in urgent and complex gallbladder/gallstones conditions, with excellent results for both urgent and elective laparoscopic cholecystectomies. She is running a prestigious "hot gallbladder" surgery service in North Middlessex University Hospital, and work as Clinical Lead for Acute Gallbladder Surgery for North Middlesex Hospital, Royal Free Hospital and Barnet Hospital in London.
She has a special interest in General Surgery, Upper GI – benign biliary pathology and Laparoscopic Surgery, with extensive experience as well in all abdominal hernia repairs, including laparoscopic and complex abdominal wall reconstruction, benign perianal conditions - hemorrhoids, skin lesions, lumps and bumps (lipomas,etc).
Miss Spanu also has a special comprehensive dedication attending women with any general surgical condition, working as a respectful and dedicated team surgeon - anaesthetist and nurses for selected cases as required.
- General Medical Council
- Spanish Association of Surgeons
- Colegio de Médicos de Barcelona (Medical College of Barcelona)
- World Society of Emergency and Trauma Surgery Member