Miss Lwin is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon with extensive training in all aspects of maxillofacial surgery and has over 15years experience. Her subspecialty interest areas are corrective facial disproportion/ orthognathic surgery, minimally invasive facial aesthetic surgery, maxillofacial trauma surgery, salivary gland surgery, management of TMJ disorders & surgery, obstructive sleep apnoea surgery, dental implant surgery, adult/ paediatric dento-alveolar surgery and surgical management of skin cancers of the Head and Neck.
She is dually qualified in dentistry and medicine from the Universities of Glasgow and Birmingham, obtaining academic awards and prizes. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh, has authored several research publications and presented at International meetings. She completed her general surgical training in London & Oxford and higher surgical specialist training in the Regional Centres Liverpool and Oxford. She uses the latest innovation in medical technology, to deliver excellence in surgical outcomes, including 3D-virtual surgical planning in orthognathic surgery & 3D-printing technology, ridge preservation techniques in dental extractions for implantology, alongside traditional surgical techniques.
She is most passionate about delivery of excellence in clinical care and surgical outcome. She is UHD OMFS Clinical Governance Lead and Chair of Dorset Orthognathic Audit Group, since 2017. She is an exam question writer for the Royal College of Surgeons for FRCS OMFS and reviewer of scientific journals. She is BAOMS committee member for Orthognathic surgery for the National project ‘Quality Outcomes Measures in Surgery’ (QOMS).
Facial deformity/ orthognathic surgery, salivary gland surgery, minimally invasive facial cosmetic surgery, facial skin surgery, TMJ surgery, adult and paediatric dento-alveolar surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Christine Lwin at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Dermatological surgery
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Chin reshaping (Genioplasty)
- Facial surgery
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Dermal fillers
- Skin cancer surgery
- Dental implants
- Tooth Removal (Extraction)
- Head and neck surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Brow lift
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and England
- Fellow of British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (BAOMS)
- Member of European Association of craniomaxillofacial Surgery (EACMFS)
- Member of International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
- British Medical Association (BMA) member
Other posts held
- University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust - Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Clinical Governance Lead in OMFS
Insurers Miss Christine Lwin works with
Miss Christine Lwin works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Miss Christine Lwin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Christine Lwin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Christine Lwin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.