Angela Birnie qualified from University College London Medical School in 2003 with degrees in Medicine and Physiology. Following higher surgical training in Oxford, Angela sub-specialised in female urology at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth working closely with the urogynaecology team. She held an honorary contract at the Female Urology department at Epsom and St Helier's University Teaching Hospital during this time.
Angela is trained in all aspects of open and endoscopic male and female urology and has a particular interest in female urology and incontinence. She was appointed this year as a consultant urological surgeon at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital.
Angela is committed to improving standards of patient care and believes that excellence in healthcare is underpinned by shared decision making and excellence in education.
In addition to her master's in medical education Angela's research and publications have focused on stone surgery, novel surgical reconstruction techniques, spinal cord injuries affecting urological disease, leadership and management as well as issues affecting female surgeons. She has presented her research findings to regional, national and international audiences.
Miss Birnie specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital:
Angela is married to Michael, a NHS consultant, and has 2 young boys. She is a keen sports woman and in particular enjoys playing netball.
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Angela Birnie at Nuffield Health
- Prostate screening
- Female urology
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- General Medical Council
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority
- Faculty of Medical Leadership & Management (founding member)
- British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) (Member 103009)
- Section of Female, Neurological & Urodynamic Urology, BAUS
- European Association of Urologists
Other posts held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon Nuffield Hospital, Chichester
- Consultant Urological Surgeon Western Sussex Hospitals Foundation Trust
- St Richard's Hospital and Worthing Hospital
Insurers Miss Angela Birnie works with
Miss Angela Birnie works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Miss Angela Birnie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Angela Birnie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Angela Birnie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.