Dr Zeino Zeino has been a Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist with a special interest in advanced endoscopy for over seven years, and is accredited as a bowel cancer screening colonoscopist.
He specialises in gastroenterology and liver disease, and sees patients with irritable bowel syndrome, functional dyspepsia, acid reflux, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, as well as all aspects related to liver diseases.
He performs complex therapeutic endoscopy like resecting large polyps by ESD, EMR, full thickness resection, ERCP to remove stones, endoscopic ultrasound to diagnose bile ducts diseases. He also reads wireless capsule study for small bowel diseases.
Dr Zeino works at NBT and has trained at King's College Hospital, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals and Coventry and Warwickshire University Hospitals. He has received formal training in performing ESD in the UK, and during his career has performed over 3000 colonoscopies, over 3000 OGDs, over 600 ERCPs and over 600 EUS procedures.
He has been NBT Endoscopy Governance and Audit Lead since 2019. He works with the other members of the governance team to ensure the endoscopy unit performance parameters are above the required national level. He has contributed to multiple endoscopy and hepatology-related studies, and is a principle investigator to ongoing research studies in his NHS post.
liver disease, therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, EUS.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Zeino Zeino at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Capsule endoscopy
- Gluten sensitivity screening
- Wafaa Ahmed, David Kyle, Amardeep Khanna, John Devlin, David Reffitt, Zeino Zeino, George Webster, Simon Phillpotts, Robert Gordon, William Gelson, Manu Nayar, Haider Khan, Matthew Cramp, Jonathan Potts, Waleed Fateen, Hamish Miller, Bharat Paranandi, Matthew Huggett, Simon Everett, Vinod S Hegade, Rebecca O’Kane, Ryan Scott, Neil McDougal, Phillip Harrison, Deepak Joshi. P137 Intraductal fully covered self-expanding metal stents in biliary strictures: a UK multicentre experience. Gut 2022;71:A108
- Ahmed W, Kyle D, Khanna A, Devlin J, Reffitt D, Zeino Z, Webster G, Phillpotts S, Gordon R, Corbett G, Gelson W, Nayar M, Khan H, Cramp M, Potts J, Fateen W, Miller H, Paranandi B, Huggett M, Everett SM, Hegade VS, O'Kane R, Scott R, McDougall N, Harrison P, Joshi D. Intraductal fully covered self-expanding metal stents in the management of post-liver transplant anastomotic strictures: a UK wide experience. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2022 Sep 26;15:17562848221122473. doi: 10.1177/17562848221122473. PMID: 36187366; PMCID: PMC9516418.
- Taylor S, Sayer K, Milne D, Brown J, Zeino Z. Integrated real-time imaging system, 'IRIS', Kangaroo feeding tube: a guide to placement and image interpretation. BMJ Open Gastroenterol. 2021 Oct;8(1):e000768. doi: 10.1136/bmjgast-2021-000768. PMID: 34711581; PMCID: PMC8557303.
- Costa D, Despott EJ, Lazaridis N, Woodward J, Kohout P, Rath T, Scovell L, Gee I, Hindryckx P, Forrest E, Hollywood C, Hearing S, Mohammed I, Coppo C, Koukias N, Cooney R, Sharma H, Zeino Z, Gooding I, Murino A. Multicenter cohort study of patients with buried bumper syndrome treated endoscopically with a novel, dedicated device. Gastrointest Endosc. 2021 Jun;93(6):1325-1332. doi: 10.1016/j.gie.2020.11.009. Epub 2020 Nov 19. PMID: 33221321.
- Boger P, Rahman I, Hu M, Ayaru L, Bhandari P, Chedgy F, Green S, Hayat M, Hopper AD, Ishaq S, Martin J, McCallum I, Phull P, Pugh S, Russo E, Suzuki N, Thomas-Gibson S, Zeino Z, Patel P. Endoscopic full thickness resection in the colo-rectum: outcomes from the UK Registry. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jun 1;33(6):852-858. doi: 10.1097/MEG.0000000000001987. PMID: 33136721.
- A Dhaliwal, Z Zeino,C Tomkins,M Cheung,C Nwokolo,S Smith, C Harmston,R P Arasaradnam. Utility of faecal calprotectin in inflammatory bowel disease: what cut-offs should we apply? Frontline Gastroenterology 2014, Volume 146, Issue 5, S-429 - S-430
- Al-Freah MA, Zeino Z, Heneghan. Management of hepatitis C in chronic kidney disease. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2012 Feb; 14(1):78-86. doi: 10.1007/s11894-011-0238
- British Association of the Study of the Liver
Other posts held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, North Bristol NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Zeino Zeino works with
Dr Zeino Zeino works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Zeino Zeino does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Zeino Zeino does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Zeino Zeino does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.