Dr Ullah is a consultant cardiologist who specialises in electrophysiology (the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders) and the implantation and management of devices such as pacemakers. His medical training was at Guys’, King’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals in London. His specialist training was at prestigious centres including Harefield Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospitals in London.
He specialises in the investigation and management of patients with palpitations and syncope/fainting in addition to general cardiology services. He performs simple and complex ablations (a procedure using catheters to cure abnormal heart rhythms), including in patients with adult congenital heart disease. He also implants and removes pacing devices (simple and complex).
Dr Ullah has a particular interest in complex ablation, with his clinical PhD and subsequent research focusing on this. He is a keen user of cutting edge technologies both for pacing and ablation, having published important papers evaluating new technologies with local, national and international groups.
Arrhythmia, palpitations, syncope, atrial fibrillation, SVT, bradycardia, radiofrequency catheter ablation, cryoablation, pacemaker implantation, sudden cardiac death.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Waqas Ullah at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Cardiovascular risk profile
Dr Ullah is actively engaged in research and has multiple publications in leading electrophysiology journals.
- Dr Ullah's publications include:
- Ullah W, Hunter RJ, Finlay M, McLean A, Dhinoja MB, Sporton S, Earley MJ, Schilling RJ. Ablation Index and Surround Flow Catheter Irrigation: Impedance-Based Appraisal in Clinical Ablation. JACC: EP 2017 June DOI: 10.1016/j.jacep.2017.03.011
- Ullah W, et al. Randomized trial comparing pulmonary vein isolation using the SmartTouch catheter with or without real-time contact force data. Heart Rhythm. 2016 Sep;13(9):1761-7
- Ullah W, et al. Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in patients with heart failure: impact of maintaining sinus rhythm on heart failure status and long-term rates of stroke and death. Europace. 2016 May;18(5):679-86.
You can find out more about Dr Ullah's research here
- Royal College of Physicians
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist, Southampton General Hospital
Insurers Dr Waqas Ullah works with
Dr Waqas Ullah works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Waqas Ullah does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Waqas Ullah does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Waqas Ullah does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.