Dr Raina received his medical training in India and moved to the UK in 1999 to undergo postgraduate medical training.
Having completed his basic specialist training in the North East, he moved to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary where he started his higher specialist training in Cardiology. He completed his specialist training in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology at Northern General Hospital in Sheffield. In 2010 Dr Raina was appointed a Clinical Lecturer in Cardiovascular Science at the University of Sheffield.
He moved to Cheltenham in 2012 to take up his current position as a Consultant Cardiologist at Cheltenham General Hospital.
Dr Raina specialises in all aspects of general adult cardiology and has a particular interest in the investigation and treatment of coronary artery disease including coronary angiography, pressure wire study, intravascular ultrasound and coronary angioplasty and stent implantation.
All enquiries to go through to his medical secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to his clinical interests Dr Raina is actively involved in the training and education of future cardiologists, both locally and nationally.
Dr Raina was awarded an MD by the University of Sheffield for a dTI funded research project investigating the role of human embryonic stem cells in promoting healing after coronary artery stent implantation. He has been the author/co-author many publications in high impact medical journals. A sample of his publications includes:
- Raina T, Iqbal J, Arnold N, Moore H, Aflatoonian B, Walsh J, Whitehouse S, Al-Lamee K, Francis S, Gunn J. Coronary stents seeded with human trophoblastic endovascular progenitor cells show accelerated strut coverage without excessive neointimal proliferation in a porcine model. EuroIntervention. 2014 Oct;10(6):709-1
- Arora A, Raina T. Emergency bedside ultrasound in a case of chest pain and collapse. Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 2014 Oct;75(10): 594-5
- Malkin CJ, Ghobrial MS, Raina T, Siotia A, Morton AC, Gunn J. Impact of incomplete revascularisation in patients undergoing PCI for unprotected left main stem stenosis. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013 May;81(6): 939-46
- Malkin CJ, George V, Ghobrial MS, Krishnan A, Siotia A, Raina T, Morton AC, Gunn J. Residual SYNTAX score after PCI for triple vessel coronary artery disease: quantifying the adverse effect of incomplete revascularisation. Eurointervention. 2013 Mar;8(11): 1286-95
- Siotia A, Morton AC, Malkin CJ, Raina T, Gunn J. Simultaneous kissing drug-eluting stents to treat unprotected left main stem bifurcation disease: medium term outcome in 150 consecutive patients. EuroIntervention, Oct 2012;8(6): 691-700
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Cheltenham General Hospital
Insurers Dr Tushar Raina works with
Dr Tushar Raina works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Tushar Raina does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Tushar Raina does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Tushar Raina does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.