Tim is an interventional cardiologist and specialises in coronary angiography and coronary angioplasty, performing over 500 procedures each year. The majority of these procedures are performed from the wrist thus facilitating patients discharge home the same day. These techniques were acquired during training in Cardiff, Vancouver and London, followed by 3 years in Washington DC at one of the major heart centres in North America.
His special interests include angina, ultrasound of the coronary arteries, chest pain after bypass, and valvular heart disease.
- Investigation and treatment of angina/chest pain
- Ultrasound of the coronary arteries
- Chest pain after bypass
- Coronary intervention using laser and rotablation
Tim was born in Pontypool, studied medicine at University of Wales College of Medicine. When he has brief opportunities he enjoys golf, cross country skiing, hill walking and travelling.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Tim Kinnaird at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
Tim maintains a strong research interest having authored over 70 papers, abstracts and book chapters. He continues to undertake research in collaboration on a local, national and international basis. He is a member of several national professional bodies.
Areas of research include:
- Stem cell treatment of heart disease
Complications of angioplasty
- Cardiac pharmacology
Echo guidance of heart disease intervention
Tim also lectures and trains other clinicians in the UK and on an international basis
- British Cardiac Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Royal College Physicians
- American Heart Association
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist, University Hospital of Wales
- Consultant Cardiologist, Llandough Hospital
- Director Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory and Lead Coronary Interventionalist, University Hospital of Wales
- Honorary Lecturer at Cardiff University
Insurers Professor Tim Kinnaird works with
Professor Tim Kinnaird works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Tim Kinnaird does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Tim Kinnaird does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Tim Kinnaird does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.