Dr Solanki is a Consultant Physician based at Taunton and Somerset Foundation Trust. After initial training he specialised in geriatrics and completed a Masters degree in Gerontology at King’s College London. His research interest is in vitamin D and bone disease. He set up and led the osteoporosis service for Somerset and has also developed an award winning orthogeriatric service which was recently second of 110 hospitals in England. In addition to his interest in bone disease, he also manages general medical and geriatric conditions such as falls and funny turns, TIA’s, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, memory problems. As a geriatrician he has an expertise in managing complex patients with multiple organ diseases.
Dr Solanki is passionate about patient safety and quality and a member of the Trusts Quality and Safety steering group. He is also the British Geriatrics Society lead for Quality and Safety.
He is keen on education and training and responsible for training specialist registrars in geriatrics and an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Tarun Solanki at Nuffield Health
- Care for the elderly
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Medicine for the elderly
- Royal College of Physicians London
- Medical Protection Society
- British Geriatrics Society
- National Osteoporosis Society
- Osteoporosis Dorset
- South West Orthogeriatric Network
Other post held
- Consultant Physician, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Bristol