Dr Raghavan moved to the UK in 2002 to join the NHS after completing a postgraduate diploma in ENT in India. In the UK, he specialised in Audiovestibular Medicine (AVM) (Oto-neurology). During his specialist training, he worked in Acute medical admissions, Stroke Medicine, Geriatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, and Developmental Paediatrics. He has also completed secondments in Paediatric Neurology, Adult and Paediatric Ophthalmology, Psychology, Psychiatry and Genetics. He obtained MSc in AVM at University College London, his research thesis was on Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) in children. Dr Raghavan started his substantive consultant role at Alder Hey children’s hospital and later moved to Royal Surrey hospital where is currently working.
Dr Raghavan is passionate about holistic assessment of patients with hearing difficulties, tinnitus, dizziness and balance disorders. He has accumulated a wealth of experience in complex and multisensory balance disorders. He is the medical lead for newborn hearing screening in the region. He also leads a specialist clinic for children with complex needs, speech and language delay, tinnitus, hyperacusis and dizziness.
- Adult & Paediatric
- Dizziness / Vertigo and balance disorders
- Multisensory balance disorders
- Vestibular Migraine/Migraine associated vertigo
- Meniere’s-Migraine syndrome
- Visual Motion Sensitivity (Visual Vertigo)
- Chronic persistent dizziness
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Sudden and fluctuating hearing loss
- Congenital & progressive hearing loss
- Auditory Processing Difficulties (APD)
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder(ANSD)
- Autoimmune inner ear disorders (AIED)
- Audiovestibular disorders in congenital CMV
His research was on the assessment of children referred to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) with suspected Auditory Processing Disorder (APD). Comparison of the GOSH clinical algorithm with one of the many algorithms (various combination of 40 different tests) in the literature showed that there was no consistency in diagnostic approach. He also found that most of these children were diagnosed with neurodiversity (ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia / Dyspraxia, etc).
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- British Association Audiovestibular Physicians (BAAP), London
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Royal Surrey County Hospital, Consultant Audiovestibular Physician
Insurers Dr Srinivasa Raghavan works with
Dr Srinivasa Raghavan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Westfield Health WPA
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- AXA Health
Dr Srinivasa Raghavan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Srinivasa Raghavan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Srinivasa Raghavan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.