Dr Shyama Alagoda
MBBS, MD, MRCP
GMC number: 6123156
Practicing since: 1992
- Thursday from 16:00
Or call us on
After completion of core medical training and postgraduate training in Neurology Dr Alagoda completed specialty training in Clinical Neurophysiology for four years at Southampton University Hospital and received her CCT accreditation.
Her expertise are in:
- Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography (NCS & EMG) – aid in the diagnosis of peripheral nerve lesions, neuropathies, radiculopathies
- Single fibre EMG in the diagnosis of neuromuscular junction disorders
- Interpretation of standard, sleep, ambulatory and video EEG in adults and children
- Interpretation of Evoked potentials (VEP, SSEP, BAEP)
Neuromuscular junction disorders
Reading and growing flowers
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Shyama Alagoda at Nuffield Health
- Electromyography (EMG)
Locations Dr Shyama Alagoda works with
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Clinical Neurophysiology
Other posts held
- Consultant in Clinical Neurophysiology, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant in Clinical Neurophysiology, Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
Insurers Dr Shyama Alagoda works with
Dr Shyama Alagoda works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Shyama Alagoda does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Shyama Alagoda does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Shyama Alagoda does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.