Dr Ransford is a Nationally Accredited Colonoscopist (2009 – current) and part of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program. He is also part of the Colonoscopy Teaching Faculty and the Regional Training Centre.
- Monday and Thursday Mornings
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Specialist Endoscopist at Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Specialist Endoscopist at Hereford County Hospital.
- Endoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy and ERCP.
- Dyspepsia, Reflux Disease.
- Gallstones, Jaundice, Liver Disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Coeliac Disease, Anaemia, Colonic Polyps, Bowel Cancer Screening.
- Abdominal Pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Rectal Bleeding.
- CT Colonography (CT of large bowel) and MRI of Small Bowel.
Dr Ransford is married with three daughters and is a keen horseman.
- Royal College of Physicians of London (Fellow)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Midlands Gatroenterological Society (Treasurer)
- British Medical Association
- MD Thesis: Screening for Adult Coeliac Disease and Prospective Investigation of Iron Deficiency Anaemia (University of Birmingham)
- MD Thesis: Coeliac Disease and Iron Deficiency anaemia (University of Birmingham)
- Ransford RAJ, Hayes M, Palmer M, Hall MJ. A c ontrolled, perspective screening study of coeliac disease presenting as iron deficiency anaemia. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 2002;34(3):228-233.
- Ransford RAJ & Langman MJS. Sulfasalazine and mesalazine: serious adverse reactions re-evaluated. Gut 2002 51(4):536-9.
- Ransford RAJ "et al", Effect of lengthening the waiting list in liver transplantation. Gut 2000;47(3):441-443.
- Ransford RAJ, Jankowski JAZ. Genetic versus environmental interactions in the oesophagitis-metaplasia-dysplasia-adenocarcinoma sequence of Barretts oesophagus (Review). Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica 2000;63:18-21.
- Ransford RAJ and Jones BJM. 1000 weeks of Home Parenteral Nutrition in a District General Hospital. Journal of Intensive Care, 2000 and Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 1998.
- Ransford R. Ultrasound and obstructive jaundice. International Journal of Gastroenterology 1999;4(2):17-19.
- Ransford RAJ. Letter re: Relation between Oesophageal Acid Exposure and Healing of Oesophagitis with Omeprazole. Gut 1996;39:889.
Dr Rupert Ransford does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rupert Ransford does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rupert Ransford does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.