Dr Noad is a Consultant Neuropsychologist and Head of Neuropsychology at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth. Rupert completed Clinical Psychology training in Oxford in 2002 before undertaking Neuropsychology training at the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London. He completed the British Psychological Society’s Qualification in Neuropsychology in 2008 and is on the Specialist Register of Clinical Neuropsychologists.
Dr Noad has a clinical interest and expertise in the assessment/treatment of:
- Possible dementia
- Complex/unusual cognitive symptoms
- Mild traumatic brain injury/Post-concussion syndrome
- Other acquired brain injury
- Functional neurological disorders
- Parkinson’s disease/Parkinsonism
- Huntington’s disease
- Korsakoff’s syndrome
- Cognitive assessment
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Assessment of possible dementia
- Assessment of complex/unusual cognitive difficulties
Surfing, Coffee and Table Tennis
Dr Noad runs a number of research trials/studies for patients with Huntington’s disease, Unusual Parkinsonian Syndromes and MND. He is the lead for the Plymouth and Cornwall sites for ENROLL-HD, the worldwide disease registry and longitudinal cohort study for individuals with Huntington’s disease. He has also developed his own research and is Chief Investigator for CoCoA (Computerised Cognitive Assessment) a multi-center, NIHR adopted study aiming to develop more sensitive computerised measures of cognition for use in Neurological disorders.
He recently won the HSJ award for ‘Using technology to Improve Efficiency’ for ACEmobile a new iPad based cognitive screening tool he developed with a colleague.
- Specialist Register of Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Division of Neuropsychology of the British
- Division of Clinical Psychology
- Health and Care Professions Council
Other posts held
- Head of Neuropsychology, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, Plymouth
Insurers Dr Rupert Noad works with
Dr Rupert Noad works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- The Exeter Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Rupert Noad does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rupert Noad does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rupert Noad does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.