- Specialities General Medicine, Rheumatology
- Telephone 01691 404592
- Year of first qualification 1994
- Email Suzanne.email@example.com
- GMC Number 6087356
- Fax 01743 247575
Dr Amarasena undertook his basic and postgraduate medical training in Sri Lanka and was awarded a Royal College of Physician UK sponsorship for higher training in the United Kingdom. He then trained in General Medicine and Rheumatology in the North West of England.
He has experience in managing acute medical patients and all aspects of rheumatology.
He is a consultant Rheumatologist interested in early inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Bi Weekly Tuesday PM or by arrangement
- Robert Jones &
- Agnes Hunt NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- Consultant Rheumatologist, Nuffield Health Shrewsbury
- Early inflammatory arthritis
- Crystal arthropathies (Gout, etc)
- Polymyalgia rheumatic, temporal arteritis and vasculitis
- Autoimmune inflammatory diseases, connective tissue disease
- Soft tissue related diseases
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Rheumatology
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
DeclarationDr Roshan Amarasena works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Roshan Amarasena does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Roshan Amarasena does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Roshan Amarasena does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.