- Specialities General Paediatrics (General Health Issues)
- Telephone 01622 224 723
- Year of first qualification 2001
- Email Rohit.email@example.com
English, Hindi, Urdu, Kannada (south Indian language)
- GMC Number 6040819
Dr Gowda trained as a Paediatrician in the West Midlands with extensive training in Paediatric Gastroenterology in the Birmingham Children’s Hospital which is a renowned centre for Paediatric Liver disease and Gastroenterology.
Since 2013 he has worked as a Consultant Paediatrician with special interest in Gastroenterology in University Hospital of Warwickshire in Coventry and since June 2014 in Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospital. He currently works in a team providing tertiary Gastroenterology services for children of Kent and East Sussex.
Dr Gowda has extensive experience in management of variety of gastroenterological presentations in children in the age range of 0-18 years with presentations such as reflux, diarrhea, vomiting, Constipation, failure to thrive, feeding difficulties, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, weight loss and other presentations.
He has experience of management of conditions such as Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, Coeliac disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Chron’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis), Eosinophilic Esophagitis and others. He also has extensive experience of performing and reporting on Gastroenterological investigations such as Endoscopy and pH study.
- Fortnightly Tuesday 1500 -1730
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Dr Gowda's interests are sports, cooking, travel and music. He enjoys spending time with his children which helps him to establish quick rapport with children of different age groups at work.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition
As a part of Dr Gowda's training he was involved in research projects. He was able to show that children who have bowel transplants may benefit from advanced procedures such as hepatic venous wedge pressure measurements to decide whether they need additional liver transplantation.
- DIAGNOSIS OF PORTAL HYPERTENSION IN CHILDREN WITH INTESTINAL FAILURE ASSOCIATED LIVER DISEASE. (IFALD) REFERRED FOR INTESTINAL TRANSPLANTATION (ITX)
- Girish Gupte1, Rohit Gowda1, Simon Olliff2, Kamarjit Mangat2, Chetan Mehta3, Patrick McKiernan1
Dr Rohit Gowda does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rohit Gowda does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rohit Gowda does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.