Dr Baylis is a fully accredited consultant in pain medicine. He works within a multi-disciplinary team that aims to provide accurate early assessment and management of back and neck pain for the population of Hampshire.
He trained in London, Bristol and Southampton before taking up his consultant post in 1998.
The formation of "The Pain Team" with two consultant colleagues allowed the team to develop their aim of providing clinical excellence in pain management for both private and NHS patients. In 2011 the team was proud to be shortlisted for a national award recognising innovation in healthcare.
- Monthly Wednesday 13:30 - 16:30 (Chichester)
- Wessex by arrangement
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- Director: The Pain Team Ltd
- Interventional pain management
- Minimally invasive injection techniques
- Cervical and lumber spine pain following degeneration and traumatic injury
- Whiplash associated disorder
- Injection treatment for migraine
- Muscle pain
Dr Baylis enjoys all sports and outdoor activities, particularly skiing, tennis, golf and cycling. He is married to another doctor and has two teenage children and an ever increasing number of pets.
- Fellow Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Pain Society of Great Britain
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Fellow Faculty of Pain Management
Research activity by The Pain Team is led by Dr Dominic Aldington. All treatments are based on current best practice guidelines. The team audits patient outcome and satisfaction in order to develop and improve their services.
DeclarationDr Robert Baylis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Robert Baylis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Robert Baylis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Robert Baylis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.