Dr Gupta is a Senior Consultant Paediatrician at Tunbridge Wells with more than 25 years of experience in Paediatrics. He trained at leading teaching hospitals in the UK and oversees. Having achieved his certificate for specialist training he has been a Consultant Paediatrician since 2006. He is also a Fellow of the RCPCH (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health). His NHS practise is at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (MTW) where he is Clinical Director for Paediatrics.
Dr Gupta is a General Paediatrician and has extensive experience in managing a wide variety of paediatric problems. He is happy to take referrals for all children from birth to 16 years of age. Appropriate patient management and positive patient and parent feedback lies at the heart of his clinical practise.
He has a special interest in Paediatric Epilepsy, Neurological disorders in children and Neonatal medicine. He is the lead for Paediatric epilepsy at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals and runs a busy multidisciplinary service. Dr Gupta has previously been chair for the South East Thames Paediatrics Epilepsy Group for 3 years to improve management of children with epilepsy in the region.
He has a strong interest in teaching and training of junior doctors and medical students. He has been a RCPCH tutor for KSS (Kent Surrey and Sussex deanery) paediatric trainees for 8 years. Subsequently he was Undergraduate tutor for medical students from Guy's, Kings and St Thomas' Hospitals for 4 years.
He is actively involved with MRCPCH clinical examination of Paediatric trainees and has been the MRCPCH clinical examiner. He is the founding director for The Tunbridge Wells MRCPCH Clinical Courses. Tunbridge Wells MRCPCH course is popular with candidates from all over the UK and oversees with high success rates and very positive feedback.
You can book an appointment by calling 01892552919 or get in touch with him directly via his website: www.kentkidshealth.co.uk.
Dr Gupta specialises in the following paediatric treatments at Nuffield Health Hospital Tunbridge Wells:
- Newborn and Infants Irritable babies, feeding difficulties,vomiting, milk allergy, colic, reflux, head shape and developmental concerns
- Gastro-intestinal Abdominal pains, bowel problems, constipation, chronic diarrhoea, coeliac disease and food intolerances/allergies
- Respiratory Chronic cough, recurrent infections, asthma, chest pains
- Cardiovascular Chest pains, palpitations, breathlessness, heart murmur and collapse episodes
- Renal Enuresis(bedwetting), recurrent urinary infections,vulovaginitis, haematuria, renal colic
- Skin Eczema, rashes, skin infections/marks, dermatitis, urticaria
- Joints Pains, swellings, limping,arthritis, growing pains, hypermobility
- Endocrine Thyroid (over and underactive thyroid), early or delayed puberty
- Epilepsy/Neurology Fits/faints/funny turns, headaches, tics and Tourettes, chronic fatigue syndrome/ME, movement and developmental disorders.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Rajesh Gupta at Nuffield Health
- Paediatric medicine
Dr Gupta has published his research work relating to timing of cord clamping, anthropometric measurements, newborn adiposity, nasal nitric oxide, gastrostomy complications, Rolandic epilepsy etc. He has also been principal investigator (PI) for several large multi-centre research trials.
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Medical Protection Society
- Brititsh Medical Association
- Southeast Thames Paediatric Epilepsy Group
Other posts held
- Consultant Paediatrician, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Rajesh Gupta works with
Dr Rajesh Gupta works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Rajesh Gupta does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rajesh Gupta does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rajesh Gupta does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.