Dr Gupta is a Senior Consultant Paediatrician with more than 20 years of experience in Paediatrics after training at leading teaching hospitals in the UK. Having achieved his certificate for specialist training he has been a Consultant Paediatrician since 2007. He is also a Fellow of the RCPCH (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health). His NHS practice is at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
Dr Gupta is a General Paediatrician with extensive experience in managing a wide variety of paediatric problems. He is happy to take referrals for all children from birth to 16 years of age.
Dr Gupta has a special interest in Paediatric Epilepsy and Neurological disorders and is the lead for Paediatric epilepsy at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals, where he runs a busy multidisciplinary service. He also chairs the South East Thames Paediatrics Epilepsy Group to improve management of children with epilepsy in the region.
Dr Gupta has a strong interest in teaching and training of junior doctors and medical students and has been a Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) tutor for KSS (Kent Surrey and Sussex deanery) paediatric trainees for 8 years. He is the undergraduate tutor for medical students from Guy's, Kings and St Thomas' Hospitals and is actively involved with the MRCPCH (Membership of the Royal College of Paediatricians and Child Health) clinical examination of Paediatric trainees.
To add to that, Dr Gupta is the founding director for the Tunbridge Wells MRCPCH Clinical Courses (www.mrcpchcourses.co.uk), a course popular with candidates from all over the UK and oversees with high success rates.
Dr Gupta specialises in the following paediatric treatments at Nuffield Health Hospital Tunbridge Wells:
- Newborn and Infants Irritable babies, feeding difficulties,vomiting, milk allergy, colic, reflux, head shape and developmental concerns
- Gastro-intestinal Abdominal pains, bowel problems, constipation, chronic diarrhoea, coeliac disease and food intolerances/allergies
- Respiratory Chronic cough, recurrent infections, asthma, chest pains
- Cardiovascular Chest pains, palpitations, breathlessness, heart murmur and collapse episodes
- Renal Enuresis(bedwetting), recurrent urinary infections,vulovaginitis, haematuria, renal colic
- Skin Eczema, rashes, skin infections/marks, dermatitis, urticaria
- Joints Pains, swellings, limping,arthritis, growing pains, hypermobility
- Endocrine Thyroid (over and underactive thyroid), early or delayed puberty
- Epilepsy/Neurology Fits/faints/funny turns, headaches, tics and Tourettes, chronic fatigue syndrome/ME, movement and developmental disorders.
- Thursday and Friday 5:30pm - 7pm
- Consultant Paediatrician, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Medical Protection Society
- Brititsh Medical Association
- Southeast Thames Paediatric Epilepsy Group
Dr Gupta has published his research work relating to timing of cord clamping, anthropometric measurements, newborn adiposity, nasal nitric oxide, gastrostomy complications, Rolandic epilepsy etc. He has also been principal investigator (PI) for several large multi-centre research trials.
DeclarationDr Rajesh Gupta works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Rajesh Gupta does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rajesh Gupta does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rajesh Gupta does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.