Dr Prantik Das completed basic medical training in the UK and awarded MRCP in 2009.He subsequently joined Clinical Oncology training programme in Northern Ireland deanery. During his training, he obtained a postgraduate diploma from the University of London in Oncology. After completion of his FRCR in 2013, he went for Proton Therapy Fellowship at University of Florida, USA. He is very interested in hypofractionated radiotherapy as a means to escalate radiation dose to tumours and improve outcomes for men with locally advanced prostate cancer. This radiotherapy can be optimally delivered with High Dose Rate brachytherapy or with Image Guided Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR).
- Prostate, Kidney, bladder, penis, oesophageal, stomach cancer ,neuroendocrine cancer and lung cancer
- Radiotherapy: 3 D conformal radiotherapy, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy along with IGRT
- Chemotherapy, biological therapy and novel anticancer therapy
Dr Das has obtained advanced diploma in painting and music
English, Bengali, Hindi
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Prantik Das at Nuffield Health
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Blood test
- Breast screening (Mammogram)
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Respiratory virus screen
- Psychological support and therapy
- Breast ultrasound
- Barium Meal or Enema
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Dr Das has been actively involved in various national and international clinical trials. He is a first author of number of publications in peer reviewed journal.
- P Das, S Mckinstry , A Devadass ,B Herron,S Jonnada,J A Harney ,D S Conkey: Are we over treating Pineal Parenchyma Tumour with Intermediate Differentiation? Assessing the Role of Localised Radiation Therapy and Literature Review: Springerplus Neurology. 2016; 5: 26
- Sarah, Lawless, Das Prantik, and Benson Gary. “Systemic Therapy In Acquired Haemophilia – A Single Institute Experience.” The Ulster Medical Journal 85.3 (2016): 187–192. Print.
- El-Helali, A, Das, P, Jain, S, Mitchell, DM, Shum, L, Stewart, DP & O’Sullivan, JM 2014, ‘From trial to practice: The Northern Ireland cancer center experience with abiraterone acetate in men with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer‘ Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol 32, no. 15 Suppl, e161
- Das P, McCaffrey S, Harney J A, Conkey D S: Re-evaluating The Efficacy and Toxicity of Procarbazine, Lomustine and Vincristine (PCV) in Relapsed Glioblastoma in the Concurrent/Adjuvant Temozolamide Era : Journal of Cancer Prevention & Current
- P Das, D Conjey, J Harney : Localised radiation therapy for pineal parenchymal tumour with intermediate differentiation :A single institute experience published in Neuro Oncology Journal 2014 16 (suppl 6): vi3 doi:10.1093/neuonc/nou249.13
- Das P, Shum L, Mitchell D: Outcome of Abiraterone in metastatic prostate cancer: An audit to assess real life experience in Northern Ireland abstract publication in Clinical Oncology Volume 26, Supplement 1, June 2014.
- Das P, McCarty H: The shape of soft tissue sarcoma services in Northern Ireland: An Audit to evaluate current practice abstract publication in Clinical Oncology Volume 26, Supplement 1, Page S5, June 2014.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- Royal College of Radiologist UK
- Royal College of Physician UK
Other post held
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Prantik Das works with
Dr Prantik Das works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Prantik Das does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Prantik Das does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Prantik Das does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.