Dr Paul Rolfe studied medicine at Jesus College, University of Cambridge.
He completed specialist training in anaesthesia in East Anglia and London, having completed advanced training in both pain medicine and paediatric anaesthesia.
He has obtained the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA) and is a fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine (FFPMRCA).
Dr Rolfe is the lead clinician for paediatric pain at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He divides his clinical time between pain and paediatric anaesthesia. He has sub-specialised in paediatric chronic pain medicine and is one of a few national specialists in this field. He also has a large adult pain practice and employs interventional techniques such as nerve blocks to help conditions like back pain and sciatica.
Areas of interest
Spinal pain; back pain; neck pain; sciatica; radicular pain; CRPS; complex regional pain syndrome; pelvic pain; abdominal pain; fibromyalgia; persistent postoperative pain; scar pain; hernia pain; chronic pain syndromes; paediatric chronic pain; coccydynia; vulvodynia; cervicogenic headache; spinal stenosis; herpetic neuralgia.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Paul Michael Rolfe at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Trigger Point Injections
- Pain clinic
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Guanethidine block injections
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- Nerve blocks
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
Other post held
- Consultant in Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine at Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge University
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- British Pain Society
- Treasurer, British Pain Society Pain in Children Special Interest Group
- Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- Anglian Pain Society
- General Medical Council Associate
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
Insurers Dr Paul Michael Rolfe works with
Dr Paul Michael Rolfe works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Paul Michael Rolfe does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Paul Michael Rolfe does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Paul Michael Rolfe does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.