Dr Heck is a Consultant Cardiologist, specialising in the management of all cardiac arrhythmias. He completed his undergraduate medical training at Cambridge and Oxford Universities and then embarked on Cardiology training. After a period of research and being awarded a DM from Oxford University in 2010 he secured a Fellowship in Melbourne, Australia, under Professor Kalman, a world expert in the management of cardiac arrhythmias from 2010-2011.
Dr Heck was appointed as a Consultant at Papworth Hospital in 2012 and in 2016 was appointed as Clinical Lead for Cardiac Rhythm Management at Papworth Hospital.
Dr Heck specialises in all aspects of cardiac arrhythmia management:
- Atrial Fibrillation; atrial flutter; SVTs and ventricular arrhythmias
- Evaluation of sudden cardiac death in inheritable conditions and family screening
- ECG; Ambulatory ECGs and Implantable Loop Recorders (ILR)
- Diagnostic electrophysiological studies
- Cardiac imaging: Echocardiography; cardiac MRI and cardiac CT
- Pacemakers; Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD); ILRs
- Cardiac ablation of arrhythmias – cryo and radiofrequency
- Sudden cardiac death
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Patrick Heck at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Family history screening
- Drug and medication monitoring
- Zio® XT Cardiac Monitor
- DVLA Testing and Driving Risk Profile
- MRI scan
- Wellness screening
Dr Heck is involved in several different clinical research projects including the trailing of new technologies to enhance the success of catheter ablation of arrhythmias, notably AF.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
Other posts held
- Papworth Hospital – Consultant Cardiologist and Clinical Lead for Cardiac Rhythm Management
- European Heart Rhythm Association
- Heart Rhythm Society (US)
- British Heart Rhythm Society
Insurers Dr Patrick Heck works with
Dr Patrick Heck works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Patrick Heck does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Patrick Heck does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Patrick Heck does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.