Dr Matthew Ginks
BSc, MBBS, MD, FRCP
GMC number: 4736088
Practicing since: 2000
- Thursday PM
- Virtual Consultations available
Or call us on
Dr Ginks qualified as a doctor in 2000. He is a Consultant in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology at the John Radcliffe Hospital and the Manor Hospital in Oxford. He trained in this field at St Thomas’s Hospital and then St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London prior to taking up his consultant post in Oxford 2013.
Cardiac Electrophysiology is the study of heart rhythm disorders. Dr Ginks is a specialist in this area and frequently sees patients with palpitations, missed or skipped heart beats, dizziness or blackouts.
He regularly treats patients with conditions such as atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter or supra-ventricular tachycardia. He is an expert in treating people with these rhythm disturbances using a minimally invasive technique called catheter ablation and performs this type of procedure over a hundred times each year. He also implants loop recorders and carries out pacemaker procedures, ICD (defibrillator), SICD and CRT implants.
He is actively involved in clinical research and has published widely. He edited the Oxford Textbook of Medicine Chapter on Cardiac Arrhythmias.
PA email : email@example.com
Keen sportsman, languages and travel
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Matthew Ginks at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator and cardiac resynchronisation therapy
- Cardiac electrophysiology study and catheter ablation
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
Locations Dr Matthew Ginks works with
- MD research in new approaches to Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Principal Investigator in Oxford for the Smart AF Trial for catheter ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation
- Principal Investigator in Oxford for the CAPLA Trial for catheter ablation of persistent atrial fibrillation.
- Reviewer for Circulation, Europace, European Journal of Cardiac Failure
- British Heart Rhythm Society
- Royal College of Physicians
Other posts held
- Oxford University Hospitals
Dr Matthew Ginks does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Matthew Ginks does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Matthew Ginks does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.