Specialty – Child and Adult Mental Health
Dr Louise Langman has worked within the specialist field of mental health since qualifying. She has experience of supporting people through a range of difficulties including anxiety and panic, loss and bereavement, low mood and depression, workplace difficulties, loss and adjustment to long-term illness and disability and managing chronic pain.
She can offer a range of psychological therapies including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), therapy underpinned by attachment and mindfulness-based therapies.
Dr. Langman has experience of completing medico legal reports.
Confidential support to professional colleagues.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Louise Langman at Nuffield Health
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- “The relationship between spirituality, forgiveness, traumatic guilt and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following past traumatic life events among people with drug and alcohol addictions”. Journal of Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, Langman, L. & Chung, M. (2012).
- “Spirituality, forgiveness, traumatic guilt and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)” Paper presented at the British Psychological Society Annual Conference, Brighton, 2009.
- “An evaluation of the impact of day service modernisation on the Learning Disability Service of Plymouth teaching Primary Care Trust”, 2007.
- “Service Users’ &Carers’ Experience of Early Intervention in Psychosis”, Cornwall NHS Trust, 2006.
- The National EDEN Project: “The National Evaluation of Early Intervention for Psychosis Services, DUP, Service Engagement and Outcome”, 2005.
- “Infants reaching in a multi-well A not B task”, Journal of Infant Behaviour & Development, 147, 1-10. Ruffman, T. & Langman, L. (2002).
- British Psychological Society (Associate Fellow, AFBPsS)
- Clinical Division of British Psychological Society
- Health Professions Council
- American Psychological Association
- British Pain Society
Other posts held
- Clinical Health Psychologist, Specialist Weight Management Service, Plymouth Community Healthcare CIC
- Clinical Associate, Psychology Associates, Saltash
- Honoury Lecturer, University of Plymouth, Clinical Psychology Doctorate
- Freelance Research Clinician on the TEA-Ch2 Standardisation Project, Pearson Education, London.
Insurers Dr Louise Langman works with
Dr Louise Langman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
Dr Louise Langman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Louise Langman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Louise Langman does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.