Mr Raj did his MBBS at St John’s Medical College, Bangalore, India, followed by post graduate training in General Medicine (MD-General Medicine) at Madras Medical College, Chennai, India. He arrived in the UK in 2002, and trained in various hospitals.
Mr Raj completed higher specialist training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Welsh Rotation, and received the Certificate of Completion in Training (CCT) in 2011. He spent six months at the Liver Unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham as an Honorary Consultant in 2012-2013 and has worked as a consultant in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Cardiff and Vale NHS trust since 2011.
Music and photography.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Lawrence Sunder Raj at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Colorectal screening
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Liver function tests
- Royal College of Physicians( London)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- Welsh Association of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist at University Hospital of Wales
Dr Lawrence Sunder Raj does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Lawrence Sunder Raj does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Lawrence Sunder Raj does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.