Dr Varghese has acquired extensive experience and expertise in dermatology, having worked and trained in two countries, four large teaching hospitals, and several district general hospitals throughout the UK – all within dermatology departments.
Dr Varghese completed his dermatology training in South West England, and underwent intensive training in skin cancer surgery, including Moh’s micrographic surgery at the prestigious Welsh Institute of Dermatology in Cardiff. Throughout his training, he worked alongside leading dermatologists.
He has wide interests and skills in the diagnosis and management of HI skin cancers, undertaking laser treatments, Moh’s micrographic surgery, cosmetic dermatology, dermoscopy, hair disorders, eczema, psoriasis, biological therapies and general dermatology.
Apart from various dermatological skills and techniques, such as laser treatments, wrinkle-smoothing injection, cryotherapy, curettage and cautery, Dr Varghese is fully competent in various aspects of dermatological surgery, including complex skin flaps, full-thickness skin grafts, and advanced skin closure techniques.
Dr Varghese is actively involved in teaching undergraduates, postgraduates, nurses, specialist registrars, general practitioners, and general practitioners with a special interest in dermatology. He is also actively involved in collaborative research, audits, and publications.>
- Skin cancer recognition and surgery Mohs surgery
- Acne, psoriasis, patch testing and eczema
Photodynamic therapy, dermatoscopy and biologics.
Cricket, travelling, music and walking.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Jibu Varghese at Nuffield Health
- Mole removal
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Blood test
- Allergy testing
- Excisional biopsy
- Dermatological surgery
- Skin assessment clinic
- Mole assessment
- Facial surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Gluten sensitivity screening
- Skin surgery
- Skin pigmentation
- Itching (Pruritus) Assessment
- Skin cancer surgery
- Haematology profiles
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Skin barrier and eczema-Sheffield University Hospital 2006-2007
- Photodynamic therapy and hirsutism-University of Wales College of Medicine Cardiff 2000-2001
- British Academy Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Royal College of Physicians
Other posts held
- Consultant Dermatologist Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
- Dermatologist Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Jibu Varghese works with
Dr Jibu Varghese works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Jibu Varghese does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jibu Varghese does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jibu Varghese does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.