- Specialities Gastroenterology
- Telephone 01432 262502
- Year of first qualification 1996
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4336880
- Fax 01432 344061
Dr Jake Burdsall studied at Bristol University, initially obtaining an Honours Degree in Cellular and Molecular Pathology in 1993, before graduating from the medical school with distinction in 1996. After training in general internal medicine in Nottingham and obtaining Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, he then completed his further specialist training in Gastroenterology in the West Midlands.
Dr Burdsall was appointed Consultant Gastroenterologist at Hereford County Hospital in 2006, and has since pioneered the development of a Hepatitis C service and taken on additional roles as Clinical Director for Medicine and Clinical Lead for Information Technology services. He is also the speciality representative on the Medical Advisory Committee at Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital.
Dr Burdsall offers flexible appointments by arrangement, to suit individual requirements, subject to availability. He is happy to see patients with any gastroenterological condition, and like all consultant gastroenterologists, is fully trained in endoscopic procedures, and is additionally an approved endoscopy trainer.
- Weekly Wednesday AM
- Medical Advisor to the Nuffield Medical Advisory Committee
- Consultant Gastroenterologist Hereford County Hospital
- Lead Clinician for Hepatitis C Service Hereford County Hospital
- Clinical Director for Medicine Hereford County Hospital
- Clinical Lead for Information Technology Hereford County Hospital
Dr Burdsall has a further specialist interest in inflammatory bowel disorders and liver disease.
- Endoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy
- Dyspepsia, Reflux Disease
- Gallstones, Jaundice, Liver Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, complicated Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Coeliac Disease, Anaemia, Colonic Polyps, Bowel Cancer Screening
- Abdominal Pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Rectal Bleeding
- CT Colonography (CT of large bowel) and MRI of Small Bowel
Dr Burdsall is married with three children and enjoys gardening and walking in the beautiful Herefordshire countryside.
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Medical Protection Society
Dr Burdsall spent 2 years as a research fellow at QMC, investigating novel drugs in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Previous research as an undergraduate was also carried out using genetic engineering to help develop a vaccine against Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV). Dr Burdsall has also undertaken recently an MSc in Medical Leadership (Warwick University).
DeclarationDr Jake Burdsall works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Jake Burdsall does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jake Burdsall does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jake Burdsall does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.