I perform minimally invasive, image-guided operations and treatments for a wide range of medical conditions, primarily those affecting the vascular system (blood vessels).
I have extensive experience in:
- Embolisation (blocking blood vessels), including chemoembolisation and radioembolisation
- Angioplasty and stenting (opening blocked vessels)
- Stent grafting (relining diseased vessels).
My specialist areas include treatment of:
- Diseases of the liver (liver tumours; complications of cirrhosis, Budd-Chiari syndrome and liver transplantation)
- Uterine fibroids (uterine artery embolisation)
- Disorders of the aorta (aortic aneurysms; acute aortic syndromes)
- Vascular anomalies (arterio-venous, venous and lymphatic malformations)
- Occlusive vascular disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Jai Patel at Nuffield Health
- Aortic stent grafts
- MRI scan
- Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
- British Society of interventional Radiology (BSIR)
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe (CIRSE)
Other posts held
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Jai Patel works with
Dr Jai Patel works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Jai Patel does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jai Patel does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jai Patel does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.