Dr Ibrahim Fahal is a Consultant Nephrologist (kidney disease) offering private medical care at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, Brentwood, Essex and Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital NHS Trust where he has practised since 1997. He is also a clinical senior lecturer at Queen Mary University of London.
Dr Fahal trained in Khartoum, and, after house jobs in Khartoum University Hospital, he left for the UK, where he gained considerable supervised experience in General Medicine and Nephrology, in research and teaching at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital and the University of Liverpool. He was appointed as a consultant in 1997.
Dr Fahal's practice includes treating patients with all types of Glomerulonephritis, diabetic nephropathy, hypertension, also chronic kidney disease and its complications, with the aim of preventing or retarding the rate of progression of the disease.
- Urinary abnormalities
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Chronic kidney disease
- Uraemic sarcopenia (muscle wasting in chronic kidney disease)
Reading and music
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Ibrahim Fahal at Nuffield Health
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
Dr Fahal's research interest is in muscle weakness and fatigue in patients with chronic kidney disease, which led to an MD degree from the University of Liverpool. He has continued with these interests and has now joined the term "uraemic sarcopenia" to highlight the problem of muscle wasting in patients with chronic kidney disease. He has published widely in many medical journals.
Dr Fahal is a member of the Royal College of Physicians of London and the American Society of Nephrology. He is a manuscript reviewer for various journals. He is also on the editorial board of the Arab and the African Associations of Nephrology journals.
Dr Fahal has set up a charity to advance medical education and research in Sudan
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, London
- Member of Renal Association
- Member of European Renal Association
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, Glasgow
- Member of International Society of Nephrology
- Member of American Society of Nephrology
Other post held
- Consultant Physician & Nephrologist at Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Nephrologist at Barts Healthcare NHS Trust
- Clinical Senior Lecturer at Barts Healthcare NHS Trust
- Clinical Senior Lecturer at London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London
Insurers Dr Ibrahim Fahal works with
Dr Ibrahim Fahal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Ibrahim Fahal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ibrahim Fahal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ibrahim Fahal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.