Dr Ian Mann is a consultant in cardiology and electrophysiology. He undertook his training in a number of renowned specialist centres in London and Brighton. He has a particular clinical and research interest in management and treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF).
Dr Mann completed his PhD at Imperial College London, involving research into novel methods to map atrial fibrillation, with the aim of improving ablation techniques. He continues his research interests in atrial fibrillation at the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
Dr Mann manages patients with
chest pain, heart valve disease, hypertension, heart failure, palpitations, and
arrhythmia. He performs a high number of ablation procedures to treat AF,
atrial tachycardia, ventricular tachycardia (VT), supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), and ventricular ectopy, as well as implant
pacemakers, defibrillators, and loop recorders.
- General cardiology
- Arrhythmia – supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), ventricular tachycardia (VT), atrial tachycardia, ventricular ectopy, ventricular tachycardia
- Atrial fibrillation
- Implantable defibrillators
- Implantable loop recorders
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease
- Chest pain
Cycling, running, fitness, sailing and golf
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Ian Mann at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator and cardiac resynchronisation therapy
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Family history screening
- AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- CT calcium scoring (or cardiac calcium scoring)
- Event monitor
- Drug and medication monitoring
- Cardiac electrophysiology study and catheter ablation
Mr Mann's research interests predominantly involve atrial fibrillation (AF) management and treatment. He has published research in a number of journals on this subject, and undertaken a PhD at Imperial College London in the development of a new system to map AF to improve our understanding of the mechanisms that cause it. He has also presented and spoken at a number of national and international conferences. He's currently involved in a number of AF trials, and co-supervises a research fellow to undertake an MD at Brighton University.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiovascular Society
- General Medical Council
Other posts held
- Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton Consultant Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist
Insurers Dr Ian Mann works with
Dr Ian Mann works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- CS Healthcare
Dr Ian Mann does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ian Mann does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ian Mann does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.