- Specialities General Medicine
- Year of first qualification 2003
- Email Gaurav.Agarwal@nhs.net
English, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu
- GMC Number 6046226
- Website https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/dr-gaurav-agarwal
Dr Agarwal is an enthusiastic Consultant in Acute and General Medicine, aims at offering holistic care on an in-patient or out-patient basis. He is skilled in urgent and emergency management of acute medical illness as well as chronic healthcare conditions like breathlessness, chest pain, hormonal and nerve related disorders. He has a special interest in venous thromboembolism, leg/lung clots - DVT and PE. He looks after other common medical presentations like high blood pressure, pneumonia, stroke, mini-stroke (TIA), thyroid dysfunction. He is also well versed with looking after patients with diabetes. He prides himself in explaining the medical diagnoses and management plan in simple language to his patients and carers. He tries his best to get investigations as soon as possible.
He is the Lead Clinician for Acute Medicine at Tunbridge Wells Hospital, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, which is his NHS base hospital. He trained in Acute and General Medicine in South London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex and lives locally.
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Acute and General Medicine
Venous Thromboembolic diseases
Long walks in the
beautiful town we live in
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- British Society of Echocardiography
- Society for Acute Medicine
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- Committee in Acute Medicine
- Reducing unnecessary antibiotic prescribing
- Improving Sepsis Management
- Reducing Acute Kindney Injury
- Prevention and Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism
DeclarationDr Gaurav Agarwal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Gaurav Agarwal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Gaurav Agarwal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Gaurav Agarwal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.