Dr Fraser Witherow is currently the Clinical Director of Cardiology at Dorset County Hospital. He attended Edinburgh University Medical School (1994) and completed his registrar training in Edinburgh. He attained postgraduate doctorate MD with distinction in 2004 and won a fellowship to the Amsterdam Institute of Interventional Cardiology where he studied for one year before becoming a consultant in Dorset.
Dr Fraser Witherow has been a consultant in Dorset since 2006 setting up the interventional cardiology department at the Dorset County Hospital and treats a large volume of patients both privately and via the NHS. He has won several awards for clinical practice both in the UK and internationally and constantly strives to improve patient care by introducing novel treatments and taking part in research.
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Atrial fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- Intracoronary imaging
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Fraser Witherow at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Cardiac clinical pharmacology
- CT calcium scoring (or cardiac calcium scoring)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Interventional cardiology
- Coronary Angioplasty (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention or PCI)
Dr Fraser Witherow has been principal investigator for many studies in areas of coronary intervention, heart failure and atrial fibrillation.
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians (London and Edinburgh)
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
Other posts held
- Clinical Director of Cardiology at Dorset County Hospital
Insurers Dr Fraser Witherow works with
Dr Fraser Witherow works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Fraser Witherow does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Fraser Witherow does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Fraser Witherow does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.