Having graduated as a doctor (BMBS) in 1998, I then proceeded to complete specialist training in Anaesthesia (FANZCA) and further sub-specialty training in Pain Medicine (FFPMRCA Ass). My training has been completed in Melbourne, Australia and both London and Cambridge in the UK.
I am a current Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists and a member of the Royal College of Anaesthetists. I have been working in Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, CUHFT since 2008, becoming a Consultant in 2010.
My clinical interest is in managing patients with Spine pain, Musculo-skeletal pain, Abdominal pain, Pelvic pain (male and female), Joint pain, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and widespread pain conditions such as Fibromyalgia.
- Acute pain / Acute on Chronic Pain
- Anaesthesia for Head and Neck Surgery
- Anaesthesia for Plastic Surgery
- Anaesthesia for Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
Outdoor activities primarily, including gardening, cycling, skiing, golf.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Evan Mathew Weeks at Nuffield Health
- MRI scan
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Drug therapy
- Epidural anaesthetic
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Facet joint injections
- General anaesthetic
- Guanethidine block injections
- Local anaesthetic
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Nerve blocks
- Pain clinic
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Spinal anaesthetic
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- Trigger Point Injections
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
Facet joint pain. I spent approximately 2years researching a new and novel technique to manage facet joint pain using high frequency ultrasound. This was delivered to the affected joint using MRI guidance.
The management of Rib fracture pain (ongoing at Addenbrookes)
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- British Pain Society
- European Society of Regional Anaesthesia
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital, CUHFT
Insurers Dr Evan Mathew Weeks works with
Dr Evan Mathew Weeks works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Evan Mathew Weeks does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Evan Mathew Weeks does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Evan Mathew Weeks does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.