Dr Davies is a Consultant Cardiologist at University Hospitals Plymouth. He completed his training in London and the Southwest. After completing his doctorate in the field of atrial fibrillation, he went on to become the clinical lead of the devices and heart failure services in Plymouth.
He is a safe and effective operator, comfortable with the implant of all device types (>300 per year, including pacemakers, ICDs, cardiac resynchronisation therapy, loop recorders). He holds full European Heart Rhythm Society accreditation.
Keen to drive innovation, he regularly contributes to national and international studies on a wide range of subjects.
He regularly sees patients with all aspects of cardiological conditions including palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath and dizziness / blackouts in both the NHS and private setting
Atrial Fibrillation, Pacemakers, Cardiac Resynchronisation therapy, ICDs, Heart Failure, Cardiomyopathy, Blackouts, Syncope
Dr Davies’s main interests, besides his family, include his garden and cycling. He recently competed in a multiday international event, the Haute Route - Norway.
- MD thesis 2016 – ‘Current Challenges in Atrial Fibrillation’
- Lead author of Cochrane review – ‘The role of Exercise Rehabilitation in Heart Failure’
- Principle Investigator in multinational study for multipoint pacing (a novel treatment for heart failure).
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Society of Heart Failure
- European Cardiac Society
- European Heart Rhythm Society
Other post held
- UHP Derriford. Consultant Cardiologist and Clinical Lead for Devices and Heart Failure.
Dr Edward Davies does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Edward Davies does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Edward Davies does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.