Dr Hanumantharaya has been a consultant gastroenterologist at Tunbridge Wells Hospital since 2016. He has been providing expert consultation on general diseases of gastroenterology with a special interest in liver, pancreas and biliary diseases.
He accomplished training in gastroenterology at centres of excellence, Guy’s and St Thomas’s Hospital and University College Hospital London. He also completed a fellowship in Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Medicine and advance therapeutic endoscopy training at Royal Free and University College Hospital London.
He has published various topics in general gastroenterology, hepatology and pancreatology and has been performing advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures such a ERCP and removal gallstones, biliary stenting and Pancreatic endotherapy at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, ERCP and removal of gallstones.
- Liver diseases
- Pancreatic cancer
- Acid reflux
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Gastro-intestinal bleeding
Enjoy playing cricket, singing and spending time with family
English, Hindi and
- Ischaemic pancreatitis in a patient with cardiogenic shock published in ISPUB Journal of Gastroenterology 2010 Volume 9 Number 2
- Sprouting a warfarin interaction – Published, BMJ July 2010:341:C2621
- ERCP Practice in a UK district general hospital – Are we meeting the standards? (BSG- 2013)
- Tenofovir and Entecavir in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B: Effectiveness and safety in a single centre Experience of a large teaching hospital. (BSG-2014)
- Safety and efficacy of Balloon Sphincteroplasty using CRE balloon during ERCP in the management of large common bile duct (CBD) stones: (BSG-2014)
- Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy in pancreatic cancer- A role for the dietician (BSG 2015)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of Royal College of Physicians
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Tunbridge Wells Hospital, Consultant in General (Internal) Medicine and Gastroenterology
Insurers Dr Doddaiah Hanumantharaya works with
Dr Doddaiah Hanumantharaya works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Doddaiah Hanumantharaya does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Doddaiah Hanumantharaya does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Doddaiah Hanumantharaya does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.