David Hildick-Smith is an experienced interventional Cardiologist whose expertise lies in General Cardiology (chest pain syndromes, breathlessness, palpiations) Echocardiography (valvular heart disease, heart failure) and Intervention (angiography, angioplasty, patent foramen ovale closure, atrial septal defect closure, transcatheter valve implantation). He undertakes over 300 interventions per year at the Sussex Cardiac Centre and has been recognised nationally and internationally for the standard of his work.
Treatments and tests offered by Prof. David Hildick-Smith at Nuffield Health
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Event monitor
100 peer-reviewed publications in:
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Journal of American College Cardiology
- European Heart Journal
- British Cardiovascular Interventions Society Council Member
- NICE Interventional Cardiology Advisor
- Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency, Novel Technologies Advisor
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Princess Royal and Royal Sussex County Hospital
Insurers Prof. David Hildick-Smith works with
Prof. David Hildick-Smith works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
Prof. David Hildick-Smith does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Prof. David Hildick-Smith does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Prof. David Hildick-Smith does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.