Dr Hayes is a cardiologist specializing in electrophysiology and complex device implantation. He completed specialist training in cardiology and electrophysiology in Oxford followed by a fellowship Bournemouth. He also spent some time training at renowned Dublin centre
He is skilled in all aspects of arrhythmia management including the diagnosis and treatment of palpitations and dysrythmias. He has a particular interest in pacing and in complex pacing for heart failure.
He is also trained in echocardiography including transoesophageal echocardiography and diagnostic angiography.
His main areas of interest are as follows:
- Atrial Fibrillation,
- Supreventriculat tachycardia,
- Atrial Flutter,
- Heart Failure,
- Valve disease,
- Chest pain,
- Shortness of breath,
- Heart block,
Other interest areas include:
- Heart failure,
- Family screening,
- Sudden adult death syndromes,
- Atrial fibrillation,
- Atrial flutter,
- Supraventricular tacycardia
Keen cyclist, tennis player, and skier
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Christopher Hayes at Nuffield Health
- Event monitor
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Control of hypertension improves the outcomes of therapies For paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation. Journal of Atrial fibrillation October 2014
- A review of arhythmias in pregnancy. HRUK Editorials http://www.heartrhythmuk.org.uk/arrhythmias-in-pregnancy
- Left Atrial Myxoma presenting as angina. New Zealand Medical Journal 13th May 2011 vol 124, No 1334 . 4th Author
- Safety of Atrial Fibrillation Ablation with novel multi electrode array catheters on warfarin a single centre experience. JICE March 2010 27(2) 117-122 1st Author
- Acute Aortic Dissection in the early post operative period after CABG. Europen Journal of General Medicine 2010;7 218-220 3rd Author
- Sudden Cardiac Death in the Young. Commisioned by Heartwise (The Journal of the Irish Cardiac Society) published in the Spring Edition 2008 1stAuthor
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection of the left Circumflex artery causing cardiac tamponade and presenting as Atrial Fibrillation. A Case Report and review of the literature. Angiology November 1st 2007. 58(5) 630-635 1st author.
- Member of Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiac Society
- Heart Rhythm UK
- European Society of Cardiology
- European Heart Rhythm Society
- British Society of Echocardiography
Insurers Dr Christopher Hayes works with
Dr Christopher Hayes works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Christopher Hayes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Christopher Hayes has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Dr Hayes uses his own (wholly owned by him) ECG machines in clinic.
Dr Christopher Hayes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.