Dr Christopher Green
MB, BCh, FRCA, FFPMRCA
GMC number: 4723631
Practicing since: 2000
- Friday 13:00 - 18:00
Or call us on
Dr Green is an experienced Pain Medicine Consultant. He graduated from Cardiff Medical School in 2000 and completed his Specialist training in Oxford 2012 becoming a Fellow of both the Royal College of Anesthetists and Faculty of Pain Medicine. He also completed an accredited Interventional Pain Fellowship in Ottawa, Canada in advanced cancer & non-cancer pain management and neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation & intrathecal drug delivery). Following this he was appointed a full-time permanent Consultant at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK where he worked from 2012 until 2017. Dr Green then moved to Plymouth to work in the university hospital specialised tertiary pain center where he was appointed Clinical Director of Chronic Pain.
Dr Green has a particular interest in chronic spinal pain (including neck pain and low back pain), neuropathic pain (including persistent pain after surgery), and procedures for some headache disorders. He can also be consulted on large joint pain (e.g. shoulder and knee). His expertise is in the interventional management of chronic pain, supported by other evidence-based modalities, tailored to the individual patient. These include a broad range of injections, radiofrequency lesioning (both thermal denervation’s and pulsed radiofrequency), and neuromodulation techniques.
- Interventional Management of Chronic Pain.
- Head and neck pain - including cervical spondylosis (“degenerative changes” & arthritis in the neck), radicular (nerve) arm pain, whiplash, occipital neuralgia, and migraine.
- Low back pain (including facet joint, sacroiliac joint, and bulging disc) and sciatica.
- Neuropathic pain - incl. persistent pain after surgery or injury, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Diabetic Neuropathy, and post-herpetic neuralgia. (PHN)
- Large joint pain - e.g. shoulder and knee.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Neuromodulation for neuropathic pain
- Cancer pain
Locations Dr Christopher Green works with
Dr Green maintains an interest in all aspects of
Chronic Pain. He has led and contributed
to numerous audit and research projects on the subject, as well as educational
- Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- International Association for the study of pain
- Neuromodulation Society of UK & Ireland
- International Neuromodulation Society
- World Institute of Pain
- British Pain Society
- European Academy of Neurology
Other posts held
- University Hospitals Plymouth
- Consultant in Pain Medicine
- Clinical Director Chronic Pain
Dr Christopher Green does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Christopher Green does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Christopher Green does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.