- Specialities Cardiology
- Telephone 01133 882073
- Year of first qualification 1982
- Email email@example.com
English, French and Arabic
- GMC Number 3429819
- Fax 01133 882093
After graduation, Dr El Hanbali worked for three years at the Pitie Salpetriere hospital in Paris while enrolled at the university of Pierre et Marie Curie to obtain CES. Dr El Hanbali moved to the UK in 1987 and trained in different disciplines of Medicine and obtained his MRCP (UK). Dr El Hanbali trained in Cardiology in Yorkshire. His main sub specialty is intervention, angiography and angioplasty of coronary arteries.
Dr El Hanbali was awarded FRCP (London); FRCP (Edinburgh). He is a senior lecturer at the school of medicine, university of Leeds. He is also involved in both undergraduate teaching and postgraduate training. Dr El Hanbali is an honorary consultant at the Leeds teaching hospitals. He is part of the on call service in West Yorkshire for primary angioplasty.
He has done a significant work abroad, particularly at Makassed hospital in Jerusalem at Nablus hospitals. He started the angioplasty service there and continues to lend his support.
Dr El Hanbali specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Weekly Monday evening
- Weekly Friday evening
- Honorary Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals.
- Consultant Cardiologist, Airedale General Hospital.
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, School of Medicine, University of Leeds.
- Clinical Lead Cardiology, Airedale General Hospital.
- Chair of Physicians, Airedale General Hospital.
- Keen reader of history and politics
- Classical Music
- British Medical Association
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Royal College of Physicians
Dr Basel El Hanbali does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Basel El Hanbali does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Basel El Hanbali does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.