Dr Banchhita Sahu is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and Lead for Gynaecological Oncology at Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust. Her key interest is in minimal access surgery.
Dr Sahu specialises in:
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Post-coital bleeding
- Abnormal smears
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Vulval disorders
- Ovarian cysts
- Minimal access surgery- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy
- Hysteroscopy- removal of polyps, fibroids
- Minimal Invasive surgery
Vulval Disease, Simulation training in Minimal access surgery and Postgraduate Teaching.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Banchhita Sahu at Nuffield Health
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Female sterilisation
- Hormonal coil
- Gynaecological biopsies
- Vulval lesion excision
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Excision vaginal lumps
Dr Sahu did a fellowship at UCL, London on Natural Killer cells. Currently she is the principal investigator of FOAM study and Trial for new tumour markers for ovarian cancer.
- Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Medical Defence Union
Other posts held
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Princess Royal Hospital
Insurers Dr Banchhita Sahu works with
Dr Banchhita Sahu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Banchhita Sahu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Banchhita Sahu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Banchhita Sahu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.