Dr George completed his early medical training at the Oxford deanery (foundation year training) and Wessex deanery (core medical training). He was awarded an MD postgraduate research degree by the University of Hull and York on his research on the prevalence of glucometabolic disorders in acute coronary syndrome and their prognostic influence in the long-term cardiovascular outcome.
He then completed his cardiology training in the Northern Ireland Deanery, where he sub-specialised in coronary intervention during the last two years. He also completed the prestigious Bournemouth Advanced Interventional Cardiology Fellowship programme. He was then appointed as a consultant cardiologist at the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital in August 2018.
Management of chest pain, palpitation, breathlessness and heart valve murmurs.
Management of treatment refractory hypertension, hypertension at a young age and complex hypertension.
Performing interventional cardiac procedures like coronary angiography, percutaneous coronary intervention, intra-coronary assessment which includes intra-coronary physiology using pressure wire and intra-vascular imaging using IVUS and OCT.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Anish George at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Family history screening
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Peripheral arterial stenting
- Interventional cardiology
Dr George has undertaken research on heart disease over the years and has multiple publications related to this. Some of the more recent publications are listed below.
- J Diabetes. 2021 Mar;13(3):191-199. doi: 10.1111/1753-0407.13111. PMID:32910560.
- Cardiology. 2020;145(9):553-561. doi: 10.1159/000509180. Epub 2020 Aug 12. PMID:32784310.
- J Diabetes Complications. 2020 Apr;34(4):107518. doi: 10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2019.107518. Epub 2020 Jan 2. PMID:31924528.
- Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2019 Nov;16(6):489-497. doi: 10.1177/1479164119845561. Epub 2019 May 2. PMID:31044609.
- Acta Diabetol. 2018 May;55(5):449-458. doi: 10.1007/s00592-018-1114-2. Epub 2018 Feb 15. PMID:29450734.
- Acta Diabetol. 2018 May;55(5):459. doi: 10.1007/s00592-018-1122-2. PMID:29504041.
- Eur Heart J. 2018 Aug 1;39(29):2740-2745. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehy233. PMID:29701834.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiac Interventional Society
- European Society of Hypertension
Other posts held
- Royal Devon and Exeter hospital Consultant Cardiologist
Insurers Dr Anish George works with
Dr Anish George works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa Global
- The Exeter Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Anish George does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Anish George does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Anish George does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.