Dr Ludman is a Consultant Cardiologist with experience in all areas of cardiology. He sees patients for all problems that may be related to the heart, including chest pain, palpitations, breathlessness, high blood pressure and reducing the risk of future heart problems.
His sub-specialty interests include heart failure, cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) and advanced cardiovascular imaging (MRI, CT and echocardiography).
Dr Ludman sees patients for all problems that may be related to the heart, including chest pain, palpitations, breathlessness, high blood pressure and reducing the risk of future heart problems.
Dr Ludman has specific expertise in heart failure, cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle), valvular heart problems and using advanced non-invasive imaging techniques for cardiac diagnosis (including MRI, CT and echocardiography).
Rugby, skiing, cycling, hill walking
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Andrew Ludman at Nuffield Health
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- DVLA Testing and Driving Risk Profile
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- MRI scan
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Cardiac clinical pharmacology
Dr Ludman has an established research record and continues to run a number of studies locally bringing new treatments to the area more quickly. He has published widely and works closely with the University of Exeter.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiac Society
- British Society of Heart Failure
- British Society of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance
- British Heart Valve Society
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist Clinical lead for heart failure and echocardiography at Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Andrew Ludman works with
Dr Andrew Ludman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Westfield Health WPA
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
Dr Andrew Ludman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Andrew Ludman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Andrew Ludman does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.